Nov 1, 2008

Life with Two

So, I'm still trying to get used to having two kids to get around. It's a lot harder to get us all dressed by a certain time, so I haven't even really tried yet. If we go somewhere it's usually been in the afternoon sometime. But, I'm hoping that will change in due time. It has been fun watching Paige react to Daisy though in different situations that come up every day. The other day we were driving in the car and Daisy started to cry and Paige started singing to her trying to calm her down, and she did. Paige was very proud of herself for helping me. She also prays for her every night in her prayers, it's really cute.
Yesterday was Halloween and Paige scored big time on the candy. She went to Grandma Cindy's work to trick or treat around the office and filled up her bucket, then came home and went around the neighborhood and filled it up again. She was Snow White and looked sooooooooo cute! I know I sound like I'm bragging, and I am, but she was by far the cutest kid around, next to Daisy of course. She was just in a little trick or treat shirt with pumpkins on it and a little pumpkin hat and she stayed home with me to pass out candy to all 10 people that came by. So, anyway, Paige gets home and pours all of her candy in a big bucket and she had 2 apples. She was so excited about the apples! Out of all the candy in her bucket she wanted to wash the apple and eat it first! What a nut. It reminded me about a time about a year ago that she had done something good and I told her we could go and get her a treat. I took her to Granite Bakery, a really great bakery by my house with lots of donuts and cookies to choose from, and she looked at everything they had twice and couldn't decide what she wanted. I was about to give up and just pick something for her when she had given up and started wandering around looking at everything else but the goodies, when she got so excited and said 'I want These!!!!" Well, I turned around and she was holding a bag of rolls! She didn't want anything but the rolls! So I bought her a bag of rolls for being a good girl and she kept telling the lady at the counter that they were her rolls because she was good and listened to her mom. I felt so strange, thinking that the lady must have thought I was real nice buying my daughter rolls for listening! Out of all the yummy treats in the place, rolls. Well, Paige loved them! She was probably more excited about getting those rolls than anything else I had tried to give her, and so started the roll fix. She still to this day gets excited when anyone offers her a roll. My mom always gets her a couple from time to time for the heck of it and Paige opens her mouth like she can't believe she got a roll!
More on Daisy...She actually slept through the night the other night! She usually only wakes up once between 1 AM and 3 AM, but the other night she went to sleep at 10:30 PM and woke up at 6:00 AM! If it hadn't of been for Paige waking me up at 1 AM to go to the bathroom with her I could've slept all night! But it was still nice. Daisy is a sleeper, just like Paige was, thank goodness! I don't know what I would do if I had a baby that didn't sleep. Knock on wood! I am a big sleeper myself so thankfully this helps a ton! Well, That's all for now.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

It's so funny when kids don't the difference between fruit and candy--they actually choose what they want to eat based on taste :) Once she realizes it's a fruit, she'll probably begin choosing the other stuff! For now, enjoy it!

Jennybug said...

I love Halloween! It's so fun when they figure out what's going on--especially when the best treat is an apple! That's hilarious! Here's an assignment for you though. Pictures! Your next post needs to have pictures of those cute Princesses!