May 3, 2010

Raising girls... little animals?

So raising little girls could be hard enough everyday, but trying to talk one into being a little girl is even harder these days.  I have tried everything in my power lately to get Paige to act like a little girl. She's either a horse, a dog, a kitty, you name it. If it has 4 legs she wants to talk like it, walk like it, and eat like it. She'll roar, whinny, bark, scream, whimper, moan...all but talk to you with words. It's really hard to deal with all day. I'm hoping this is just a short phase and that it passes very soon. Most days I could scream right along with her. She has always been an animal lover! I've bought her barbies and fairies and babies and all she wants to play with are her stuffed dogs, and her plastic farm animals, and the only time she gets her barbies out is if they get on the barbie horses. And then she has the horses talking to each other and not the girls! She's totally nutty about animals! I'm hoping one day she's a veterinarian and I can say "we knew from the time she was 3 that she had a deep love for animals!"

Oh well, life goes on I suppose. I'll keep trying to talk her into speaking to me most of the time and see what happens.  At least she's creative...right!? :-)

No comments: